The Remus Way Children’s Centre is a non-profit community owned childcare centre. A volunteer Committee of Management manages the centre. As such, the centre relies on the participation and involvement of parents.
Parents can be involved in many aspects of the Management of the centre and can contribute the amount of time they feel capable of. Involvement may include:
- Becoming a member of the Committee of Management. No special skills or training are required, only your ideas and thoughts. This committee is responsible for the financial management of the centre, policy development and review, staffing issues and the overall centre management. Support is provided to the committee to enable them to carry out their role.
- Being a member of the staffing sub committee. This committee is responsible for staff recruitment & development.
- Joining the Fundraising committee.
- Sharing a skill or talent with the staff and /or children.
- Spending time in your child’s room helping out in the program Taking part in the many specail events which take place at the centre such as Mother's Day and Father's Day evenings, Specail Person's afternoon tea or the many incusions and excusions which take place each year.
As educators work in partnership with parents to care for and foster the education of their children, Parent involvement is encouraged also in our program planning process. Daily involvement and communication ensures that staff can appropriately meet the individual care requirements of the children.
Please see the coordinator who will be happy to discuss parental involvement in more detail.